Monday, February 25, 2008

Heartsick

Bill lived next door to the same couple (husband and wife) for many, many years. He bought the house they were renting, they moved to Marysville. We haven't seen them for quite awhile. We were told that this weekend the husband committed suicide. Bill and I are heartsick. We haven't kept in touch. Not that it would have mattered, but who knows. . .My heart goes out to his kids. What are they going to do without their dad? And his wife? Granted, they had a very loud and somewhat abusive marriage. They never hit each other, but boy, the fights they used to have. But that was their relationship. And they loved each other. He was a big, strong, very handsome man. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but was life really that hard? He had a great job, a roof over his head, a wife who loved him and kids and grandkids. The grandkids are at the age where you don't know if they will remember him or not. It leaves me feeling . . .I can't explain it. Confused. . .numb. . .anger. Tell your family that you love them. Don't let another day go by without doing that. Let them know.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am always sorry to read these types of entries... but one thing does come out of that. And you got it right. I am sure your family knows you love them immensely :-)

Guilty Secret said...

So sad :(

Weird, this is the second post I read today that reminded me to tell my family how much I love them. I will do it!