Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've Fallen and I Can't get up

Well. . .here I sit after a three day weekend. Can hardly move. Did something to my neck and now the pain is going down the arms and into my back. Call Group Health (commonly known as Group Death), am on hold with the consulting nurse for 25 minutes (can't make appointment until you talk him/her), finally get an appointment at 4:50. It would have been at 11:50 but she forgot to hit enter. OMG!! So I have to wait all day to see the doctor. My wonderful daughter is taking me. Of course our men are understanding this. . .what. . . .who's going to make dinner? So Christie is making home made mac and cheese. All they have to do is pop it in the oven. Oven. . .do they know what that is? Write on list of things to do. .. .show guys how to turn on oven, open door, put in food. This is somewhat of an exaggeration since pizza would be their dinner every night if it wasn't for the women folk. Bring on the Totino's!

And all I can think about is the pile of work I have on my desk that needs to be done. Transcripts for trials. Luckily Shanon, the felony paralegal is helping me while I am out of commission. I am supposed to be in court tomorrow all afternoon. This is just great!! Have you ever noticed that things like this happen when you are swamped. I think about retirement a lot. Like it's ever going to happen to me. Bill talks about us retiring and traveling. He may be able to retire but I'm not seeing mine for a long, long time. Have a nice time. Send me a postcard. Where is the lottery when I really need it. Of course, I guess it would help if I ever bothered to buy a ticket.

1 comment:

Christie said...

So what were you doing that caused the neck pain?! Oooh, gross, never mind. Kidding! Sorry you feel bad, but now would be a good time to tease the hell out of you since you can't chase me to kill me, huh. Be prepared for son-in-law torture. He just can't help himself.